UPLIFT YOUR FUTURE
11,000 People. 16 Locations worldwide. One in three planes files with our Technology.
Even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. We shape the future of Aviation. The only thing missing: You.
Our team in Munich is searching for you as:
Writer master thesis for digital image analysis in the department high temperature materials and simulation (m/f/d)
The High Temperature Materials and Materials Simulation team supports a wide range of nickel-based superalloys for use in the hot gas section of aircraft engines. Due to the component and material characteristics, many components are manufactured by investment casting. Due to material shrinkage during solidification, cast components can have porous areas. The appearance ranges from individual pores of various sizes to porosity clusters or pore chains. These material defects are detected during quality control and must be evaluated in respect of component integrity. For the evaluation, an effective defect size is determined on the basis of metallographic sections. This process is to be more automated in the context of a master thesis.
- Analysis of SEM images with respect to µ-structural defects
- Development of criteria that allow an automatic image analysis
- Optimisation and / or programming of an automatic image analysis script
- Coding in Python and/or Matlab preferred
- Currently enrolled in an university curriculum in one of the following fields: Materials science, Aerospace, Engineering or Computer science. Knowledge or previous work on either automated image detection or the analysis of µ-structure images using the SEM
- Very good knowledge of all conventional MS Office programs
- Committed and self-driven personality
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good English skills
- Insights into practical work in aviation as an innovative, high-tech industry
- Exciting jobs that carry responsibility and are performed in an atmosphere of team spirit
- A personally assigned contact and individual support services
- Flexible working hours and compensatory time off
- Networking opportunities
Give your career a boost and send us your complete application (Letter of Motivation, CV, Transcript of Records, High School Diploma).
We look forward to getting to know you!