MTU Aero Engines develops, manufactures, sells and services commercial and military propulsion systems for airplanes and helicopters, as well as industrial gas turbines. The key to our success is developing the propulsion systems of tomorrow —even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. With roughly 10,000 employees, we are present around the world, but we make our home in Germany. You, too, can become part of our dedicated Team:
Project Engineer I (FAN)
Code - PROJENGFAN
The successful candidate will join the Project Engineering team of MTU AENA. The Project Engineering I position will support the Fan Blade / Low Pressure Compressor team executing Pratt and Whitney Class 1 Engineering changes for the PW1200 and PW1700 engine programs. Candidate will support projects through EC validation; advance part development, quality, repair initiatives to aid in Fan blade enhancement; execute, monitor and track ESW closure; provide weekly status reporting to IPT/CIPT leadership; prepare and present task status and drive schedule in accordance with CIPT and Program negotiated objectives; and support all engineering change requirements. The candidate may also update quality specifications and drawings, aid in root cause analysis, DIVE's, part inspections, and corrective actions for field identified issues, execute planned industrial schedule, including coordination of development & production hardware for all validation engine test and rigs.
- Good communication skills to provide timely, appropriate and useful information to others
- Commitment to delivering on objectives and meeting target
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to learn Engineering Change process, both class 1 and class 2
- High attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency
- Take initiative and assume responsibility
- Support team decisions and willingly complete share of work
- Appear confident and present oneself with assurance
- Ability to make sound decisions and handle consequences
- Able to be flexible in new situations
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in relevant field
- 2-5 years of related engineering experience
- Understanding of concepts, methods and procedures within discipline
- Eligible to work in the United States without Sponsorship
- Occasional travel may be required
We invest in the professional and personal development of each of our employees, offering comprehensive training programs and tailor-made development programs.
MTU offers an array of benefits that support the diverse needs of its employees. A modern pension scheme comes as part and parcel of our benefits package, along with solutions to help encourage a healthy work-life balance, for example our flexible work-hours policy or the TurBienchen nursery. Moreover, MTU promotes the health and fitness of its employees.
Being a high-tech company, it is in our best interests to also capitalize on the unique skills and qualities women with a strong set of qualifications bring to the table. We actively encourage applications from female candidates who fit the bill.
Are you interested in the job? Give your career a boost and send us your complete application. Please indicate your earliest possible start date and your salary requirement, and use our online application form, which you can access directly from this page.
We look forward to getting to know you.