Over 11,000 People. 18 Locations worldwide. One in three planes files with our Technology.
Even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. We shape the future of Aviation. The only thing missing: You.
Our team in Munich is searching for you:
Working student transient CFD simulation methods (all genders)
The CFD Methods team develops and validates calculation methods for evaluating the flow in turbine and compressor modules and makes them available for standardized use.
One main area here is the further development of transient CFD methods, which are indispensable for the evaluation of transient aerodynamic loads and thus represent a core aspect within the design cycle of turbomachinery. The content of this thesis is the application and parameterized investigation of such methods with regard to robustness and accuracy. For this purpose, the following work contents are planned:
- Independent execution of a CFD parameter study on the example of a given compressor geometry
- Identification of flow-physical phenomena that influence the robustness of the transient methods
- Evaluation of the results and comparison of different solver settings
- Description of the analyzed flow phenomena and conclusion about the advantages and disadvantages of the applied methodology
- Documentation of the findings
This can be followed by a thesis.
- Student in the field of mathematics, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering or a comparable course of study
- In-depth knowledge in the field of aerodynamics
- Experience in carrying out CFD simulations (through bachelor's thesis, student research project or internship)
- Structured and independent way of working
- Insights into practical work in aviation as an innovative, high-tech industry
- Exciting jobs that carry responsibility and are performed in an atmosphere of team spirit
- A personally assigned contact and individual support services
- Flexible working hours and compensatory time off
- Networking opportunities
Give your career a boost and send us your complete application (CV, Transcript of Records, High School Diploma).
We are looking forward to getting to know you!