Code - PROCREP
We Shape the Future of Aviation - one in three planes flies with MTU technology. We work hard to keep growing – not just for tomorrow or next week, but for generations to come. Join us to shape your career and the future of aviation.
MTU Maintenance is part of the world’s largest independent jet engine MRO company, based in Germany and providing aftermarket and OEM licensed engine maintenance services worldwide. Part of MTU Aero Engines, with over 80 years of experience in the design, development and production of jet engine components, modules, and engines, MTU Maintenance is a global network of over 4,000 employees with over 35 years of experience in the MRO market. MTU provides work from targeted repairs to complete overhauls on over 30+ commercial aero engine and industrial gas turbine lines -more than 18,000 shop visits for over 1,400 customers worldwide. Within this Global network, MTU Maintenance provides shop and on-site maintenance services.
MTU Maintenance has an immediate opening for a Procurement Representative to be located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced candidate with long-term MRO operations experience within engineering, quality, and purchasing. Expectations of the candidate include:
- Represent MTU on site at selected repair vendors and the spare supply chain in a defined high-frequency schedule
- Gather essential indicators and risks for present and future performance of vendors
- Ensure timely delivery of critical items and support the preparation and execution of business review meetings
- Further communication with MTUs network roles and leadership
- Actively resolve processes, technical and business issues in the purchasing process in collaboration with MTUs purchasing departments
- Evaluate collected information and independently suggest actions and countermeasures; follow-up on actions and timelines from business review meetings
- Ensure adherence to agreed vendor schedule
- Organize ad-hoc communications to resolve urgent items; evaluate potential alternative sources in support of MTUs strategic purchasing
- Prepare and support quality audits in collaboration with MTUs quality team.
- Build strong relationships
- Able to work both independently and within a team setting
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- 7-10 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in MRO operations
- Home office based with frequent travel to vendors and the supply chain
MTU supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
MTU Aero Engines North America, Inc. endeavors to make www.mtuusa.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 860-258-9700. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.