Aero-Thermal Integration Engineer II
Code - CIPTENG
We Shape the Future of Aviation - one in three planes flies with MTU technology. We work hard to keep growing – not just for tomorrow or next week, but for generations to come. Join us to shape your career and the future of aviation.
MTU is looking for an experienced engineer to join us for an opportunity to progress their career through meaningful work in a collaborative environment. We are committed to building your engineering expertise, gas turbine hardware knowledge and project management skills. Our company offers a comprehensive set of benefits so that you can select what best meets your needs. We also promote a healthy work-life balance through a hybrid work schedule, flexible work arrangements, and paid time off. MTU AENA employees drive their own success in an environment that recognizes diversity and celebrates achievements.
The Aero-Thermal Integration Engineer I is responsible for the integration of all Thermals and Secondary Air System (SAS) related topics impacting MTU-owned Geared Turbo Fan (GTF) components; the Low Pressure Turbine (LPT) and the High Pressure Compressor Front Block (HPC). This role works closely with the Thermals and Secondary Flow departments at MTU and corresponding departments at Pratt & Whitney (P&W) as well as GTF partners. The position functions as a technical focal, coordinating Thermals and Secondary Flow topics that arise during engine development & testing.
This position works closely with each of MTU AENA’s CIPT’s, supporting all GTF programs and MTU’s global locations; including MTU Munich and MTU Poland. The position has exposure to discipline experts and chief engineers at both MTU and P&W.
Essential Functions Include:
- Technical focal for all Thermals & Secondary Flow topics affecting MTU components
- Strengthen the Thermals & Secondary Flow engineering networks between MTU & GTF partners
- Drive communication and integration between MTU and GTF partners to solve cross-component issues.
- Align Thermals & Secondary Flow tasks and boundary conditions
- Facilitate weekly meetings and annual summits, driving closure of action items.
- Drive alignment of technical processes between P&W and MTU Munich
- Create, review and update functional interface documents (CICR)
- Support all required certification and post-certification activities needing Thermals & Secondary Flow input
- Provide on-site testing support: data & instrumentation verification to ensure test objectives will be met
- Support Chiefs meetings, as appropriate, as the local Thermals & Secondary Flow representative
- Support AENA’s other aero-thermal tasks as needed
- Use cultural intelligence to further strengthen the international GTF partnership
- Proactive attitude. Actively reaches out to counterparts, and drives solutions
- Able to manage a large number of tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate technical information with an awareness of the audience
- Possess a strategic perspective, able to consider the implication of information, decisions and actions beyond immediate team/department
- Ability to stay focused and respond appropriately in stressful situations
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree (preferred) in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a concentration in Thermals.
- 4+ years of relevant experience with commercial engines
- Occasional travel may be required; domestic and international
- Non-standard hours may be required during engine testing
- Eligible to work in the United States without Sponsorship
Your Future at MTU Starts Here!
Ready to give your career a boost? Send us your complete application by listing your earliest possible start date. We look forward to getting to know you.
MTU AENA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
For more information and additional resources on “EEO is the Law,” please visit: https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/index.cfm
MTU Aero Engines North America, Inc. endeavors to make www.mtuusa.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 860-258-9700. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.