MTU Maintenance Canada is the North American member of the MTU Maintenance network of companies, the largest independent provider of commercial engine maintenance services worldwide. Quality, efficiency and innovation are our strengths. You, too, can become part of our dedicated team in Delta, BC as
Supply Chain Manager
Code: MMSA / 23281
Salary: We offer a comprehensive salary and benefit package. Min. salary $80,000.00
The Supply Chain Manager (SCM) oversees the steps that comprise the supply chain process: planning, development, manufacturing, logistics and distribution. Typical duties include cost-effective business process improvements, controlling of inventory levels and demands, and management of vendors
- Directs the process, which includes the planning of procurement, production, inventory control, logistics and distribution of material.
- Ensures that every step of the process is functioning effectively to avoid costly delays and
- Manage daily and on time replenishment of stock and individual required material under consideration of an optimized cost structure and efficient Turn Around Time (TAT).
- Communicate needs, objectives and updates to managers and key personnel in other parts of the organization, such as repair development and business development to:
- ensure alignment of supply chain with business needs as result of strategic projects and campaigns
- ensure that timelines and individual needs are communicated and established in order to make the supply process run smoothly
- ensure and manage a reduced delay impact in accessory production
- Ensure a quality and cost optimized purchasing process on an ongoing basis by:
- ensuring process improvements by constantly monitoring and examining of supply processes
- implementing changes for supply process improvements
- managing inventory levels and strive for increased cost efficiency
- developing a long term demand plan, increasing availability while reducing distribution costs
- Manage the relationships with many different vendors and information technology systems by:
- Constant communication with key vendors
- Monitoring of vendor performance and aligning strategy of purchasing accordingly
- Leading the buyers team and coaching the team for good communication with vendors to ensure a smooth operation of daily tasks.
- Review the current systems and practices, and make strategic recommendations for improved processes going forward including production introductions, order and supplier management, inventory management and distribution servicing, sup-porting financial management goals
- Train, develop, mentor and assist team members in all of the departments that fall within the supply chain process by maintaining and optimizing the teamwork so that multitasking is ensured and the team functions effectively
- Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators and circulate to key teams
- Review and ensure best practice in inventory management and champion inventory best practice across MTU Global authorities
- Bachelor/University degree in Logistics/engineering or related area
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years experience in Management in Supply Chain and/or Logistics field
- Minimum of 7-8 years experience in operations environment
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact well with a diverse group of executives, colleagues and team members
- Results oriented, forward thinking, demonstrates change agility and strategic thinking
- Strong leadership and ability to work under stress in dynamic environment
- Experience in Aviation & management of unionized employees are strongly preferred
The Perks (The Good Stuff):
- Generous Relocation Package available to eligible candidates
- We offer great benefits from your first day (no waiting period)
- 100% match company pension
- Extended Medical and Dental Programs
- Disability Insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care and Rx Safety Vision Program
- Free On-site Parking
Go to our website, to learn more about us. After your application is received, hiring managers will review for potential next steps.
MTU supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship. Official Social Insurance Number documentation must be presented when requested.