Group Lead - CTS Hot Section
Code - GLCTS
We Shape the Future of Aviation - one in three planes flies with MTU technology. We work hard to keep growing – not just for tomorrow or next week, but for generations to come. Join us to shape your career and the future of aviation.
MTU is looking for an experienced engineer to join us for an opportunity to apply and share their knowledge and expertise. We are committed to providing an environment where you can share expert solutions, make important decisions, and help mentor less experienced engineers. We offer a strong benefits package, including rich health plans, a retirement savings plan, and income protection programs. Our company also offers a healthy work-life balance through a hybrid work schedule and a variety of flexible work arrangements. MTU AENA employees drive their own success in an environment that recognizes diversity and celebrates achievements.
The PSE CTS Hot Section Group Lead is responsible for overseeing the Customer Technical Services (CTS) team supporting P&W partnership programs with Hot Section Hardware. He/she reports to the PSE Department Manager and works closely with the MTU Program Office as well as PW counterparts. The PSE Group Lead also individually supports one of the following programs - the 30K HPC/30K LPT, 24K HPC/24K LPT, or OCE LPT program.
Essential Functions Include:
- Work with Program and Engineering
- Identify shared or unique technical problems across all engine programs
- Use MRO and Program data to help with prioritization of cases across hardware
- Collaborate with Engineering and Program to align on technical topics
- Establish engineering relationships to collaborate technically with PW & MTU
- Manage resource allocation of the team
- Perform contract reviews and monitor budgets
- Support the PSE manager in annual Operational Planning
- Provide supervision
- Approval of employee charging in system (NetSuite)
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by team members
- Foster group cohesion within and across all CTS Groups
- Ensure all tools for daily operation are available to the Group
- Conduct meaningful 1:1’s with group members on a regular basis
- Complete annual feedback summaries for direct reports, working closely with Manager on development plans
- Ensure completion of the PSE CTS Group’s assignments
- Promote collaboration between MTU Program, Partners and PFSE in Munich
- Ensure technical and program content for internal and external presentations meet MTU standards
- Provide inter-program input for technical documents including Engineering Changes, Engine Manual Input, etc., where applicable
- Act as the AENA focal for MTU and PW CTS topics
- Provide direction and assign tasks to the CTS Groups, in conjunction with Technical Lead
- Along with the Technical Lead, ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables by the Group
- Support the PSE department strategy
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, training, and long term departmental planning
- Support development and advancement activities of Group
- Support the advancement of the Group’s technical competencies in conjunction with Technical Lead
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing Engineering)
- 10+ years of relevant experience in gas turbine engine MRO
- 3+ years of Hot Section Hardware knowledge
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in a cross functional leadership role preferred
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to unite disparate teams
- Ability to coach, mentor, and empower team members to succeed
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects and make decisions under pressure
- Strong organizational, planning, and presentation skills; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Take initiative and assume responsibility
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- German language skills a plus
- Occasional international travel is required
- Eligible to work in the United States without Sponsorship
Your Future at MTU Starts Here!
Ready to give your career a boost? Send us your complete application by listing your earliest possible start date. We look forward to getting to know you.
MTU AENA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
For more information and additional resources on “EEO is the Law,” please visit: https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/index.cfm
MTU Aero Engines North America, Inc. endeavors to make www.mtuusa.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 860-258-9700. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.