MTU Aero Engines develops, manufactures, sells and services commercial and military propulsion systems for airplanes and helicopters, as well as industrial gas turbines. The key to our success is developing the propulsion systems of tomorrow - even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. With over 11,000 employees, we are present around the world, but we make our home in Germany. You, too, can become part of our dedicated Team in Rocky Hill:
Performance Integration Engineer II
Code - PIENG
MTU is looking for an experienced engineer to join us for an opportunity to progress their career through meaningful work in a collaborative environment. We are committed to building your engineering expertise, gas turbine hardware knowledge and project management skills. Our company offers a comprehensive set of benefits so that you can select what best meets your needs. We also promote a healthy work-life balance through a hybrid work schedule, flexible work arrangements, and paid time off. MTU AENA employees drive their own success in an environment that recognizes diversity and celebrates achievements.
The Performance Integration Engineer II contributes to MTU’s development of highly efficient components, which help reduce the aerospace industry’s climate impact, and reduce airlines fuel costs, directly benefiting their bottom line. The role supports MTU’s partnership on the Geared Turbofan programs, which provides industry leading performance, as well as supports future engine development. The performance engineer provides a broad range of performance support focused on MTU-owned components; the low pressure turbine and high pressure compressor front block.
- 4-10 years of related engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or equivalent. M.S. (preferred).
- Understanding of concepts, methods and procedures within gas turbine performance and aerodynamics.
- Experience with NPSS modeling (preferred)
- Interest in working on an international team.
- German language skills a plus.
- Occasional international travel is required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Eligible to work in the United States without Sponsorship
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to provide clear and concise communication and create effective presentations
- Team player with the desire to integrate effectively in a multi-location team
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize appropriately to take timely actions in the best interest of team and organization
We offer you numerous additional services that are tailored to your needs. These include extensive further training and customized development programs, an attractive pension scheme, health and fitness offers (e.g. through our cooperation with EGYM Wellpass and our MTU gym), measures to combine family and professional life, such as flexible working time models or the possibility of mobile working. MTU provides individual support for newcomers when moving to the greater Munich area. We offer you the best possible conditions for your success!
We shape the future of aviation and bridge cultures and people. Our employees' diverse ideas, experiences and perspectives are essential to our success. As an employer, we are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Give your career a boost and send us your complete application. Please indicate your earliest possible start date and your salary requirement, and use our online application form, which you can access directly from this page.
We look forward to getting to know you.
Tel.: (860) 519-4210