MTU Aero Engines develops, manufactures, sells and services commercial and military propulsion systems for airplanes and helicopters, as well as industrial gas turbines. The key to our success is developing the propulsion systems of tomorrow - even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. With over 11,000 employees, we are present around the world, but we make our home in Germany. You, too, can become part of our dedicated Team in Munich:
Development Engineer pre-design with focus on heat exchanger (all genders)
Code - AETA / 723
- Development of lead concepts for the specification of future technology needs
- Project planning and preliminary design of innovative aircraft engines including possible derivatives and modules, in particular heat exchangers (evaluation of cycle, heat transfer, aerodynamics, construction, structure mechanics). Preliminary design of associated components (focus on heat exchangers - especially with phase change).
- Preparation of specifications and requirement specifications for new engine components/heat exchangers including the evaluation and presentation of feasibility and risks
- Creation of innovative approaches for the design of future engines, components and parts
- Developing proposals to improve processes and tools
- Application and further development of pre-design tools as well as tools from the specialist departments for the efficient implementation of design and concept studies (including "NPSS")
- University degree in aerospace engineering or mechanical engineering preferably with subsequent doctorate, preferably in the field of thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics
- Theoretical and practical expertise in the fields of turbomachinery and heat exchangers
- Knowledge of engine performance calculation (performance at advance design level) using "GasTurb" or "MOPS"/"MOPEDS" or "NPSS".
- Experience in the successful management of complex projects in the development area, preferably in advance design
- Proven analytical and structuring skills
- Creativity combined with an eye for what is feasible and essential when solving complex technical problems
- Enjoy working in cross-divisional teams and with external contact persons
- Very good knowledge of English
We offer you numerous additional services that are tailored to your needs. These include extensive further training and customized development programs, an attractive pension scheme, health and fitness offers (e.g. through our cooperation with EGYM Wellpass and our MTU gym), measures to combine family and professional life, such as flexible working time models or the possibility of mobile working. MTU provides individual support for newcomers when moving to the greater Munich area. We offer you the best possible conditions for your success!
We shape the future of aviation and bridge cultures and people. Our employees' diverse ideas, experiences and perspectives are essential to our success. As an employer, we are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Give your career a boost and send us your complete application. Please indicate your earliest possible start date and your salary requirement, and use our online application form, which you can access directly from this page.
We look forward to getting to know you.
Tel.: 089-1489 2506