MTU Aero Engines develops, manufactures, sells and services commercial and military propulsion systems for airplanes and helicopters, as well as industrial gas turbines. The key to our success is developing the propulsion systems of tomorrow - even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. With over 11,000 employees, we are present around the world, but we make our home in Germany. You, too, can become part of our dedicated Team in Munich:
Engineer Engine Performance (all genders)
Code - AEGP 716
As Performance Engineer you will be expected to work with internal project teams as well as international partners to:
- Define and develop steady state and transient analyses of jet engines
- Develop and execute predictive cycle models (NPSS) which support engine analyses
- Prepare and support engine testing
- Coordinate closely with project teams and contacts through the course of a development program
- Present technical status and lead discussions about technical results and conclusions at an international caliber
- Drive agreements of inputs/outputs between various disciplines, e.g aerodynamics, structures, and thermals internally and with international partners
- Define, evaluate, and optimize the operating behavior of an engine cycle including performance enhancements
- Completion of a degree (TU / Master) in mechanical or aerospace engineering with emphasis on gas turbine engines, aircraft propulsion, or equivalent
- Understanding of thermodynamics, cycle analysis, engine matching, and basic understanding of engine components.
- Several years of professional experience are desirable
- Basic understanding of turbine engine design, test data analysis, and development of simulations or similar predictive tools
- Basic computer literacy is a prerequisite (Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office. UNIX/Fortran, Python)
- Spoken and written english comprehension skills
- Tactful, goal oriented, and able to work effectively with a high degree of independence
- Team player, able to integrate effectively in a multi-location team
- Strong communication skills, responsive, organized, takes initiative, and assumes responsibility
We offer you numerous additional services that are tailored to your needs. These include extensive further training and customized development programs, an attractive pension scheme, health and fitness offers (e.g. through our cooperation with EGYM Wellpass and our MTU gym), measures to combine family and professional life, such as flexible working time models or the possibility of mobile working. MTU provides individual support for newcomers when moving to the greater Munich area. We offer you the best possible conditions for your success!
We shape the future of aviation and bridge cultures and people. Our employees' diverse ideas, experiences and perspectives are essential to our success. As an employer, we are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Give your career a boost and send us your complete application. Please indicate your earliest possible start date and your salary requirement, and use our online application form, which you can access directly from this page.
We look forward to getting to know you.
Tel.: 089 1489 73533