Quality, efficiency and innovation are the strengths of MTU Maintenance. These merits have allowed our globally active company to develop into the world’s biggest independent provider of maintenance services for commercial aero engines. The service spectrum of MTU Maintenance Hanover and its 1,900 employees ranges from the repair and restoration of commercial aviation propulsion systems to component repair and even service on attachments. Our portfolio is rounded out by individualized engine leasing options. You, too, can become part of our dedicated team in Langenhagen as
Legal Counsel (m/f/d)
Kennziffer - MLS
MTU Maintenance Lease Services B.V. specializes in short and medium-term aircraft engine leasing. Our service portfolio is rounded off with asset and material management. We are a dynamic, multinational team with a flat hierarchy. Our values such as responsibility, trustful cooperation, diversity and mutual respect are part of who we are and the reason of our success. With your support, we want to raise the recognition of our worldwide engine leasing services and asset management solutions to a new level.
We are looking for someone to become part of our dedicated team in our head office in Amsterdam (WTC) who will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Legal support for all business divisions (including, but not limited to, aircraft engine leasing, sale-and-lease-backs, transaction financing, sale and purchase of engines and material);
- Management and coordination of legal and contractual matters, including claims and disputes, affecting the company;
- internal legal training of company’s employees;
- Working closely with the Lease and the Asset Management team at the “front-line”, being directly and deeply involved in the respective transaction
- Contract Management: supervision of existing contracts as well as their continuous updating in accordance with changes in statutory regulations in the Netherlands and the applicable jurisdictions Coordination of the contractual contents
- Guiding company’s employees on adherence to group’s policies, guidelines and regulations;
- Dispute and claims management;
- Securing and maintaining full and optimal insurance for all the lease engines
- Advising on compliance issues, to include data protection, export control, sustainability etc.
Your experience and qualification:
- Expertise in international trade and contract law
- Work experience regarding legal counselling for a company´s legal department preferable in aviation business
- Profound understanding of market dynamics and ability to anticipate and consider consequences for the company and its customers
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Very good knowledge of the English language and ideally knowledge of German language
- Good know-how of standard IT applications (particularly MS-Office)
- Strong commitment, flexibility and resilience
- Distinctive social skills
Through our extensive advanced training offering and our custom-tailored development programs, we invest in the professional and personal development of every one of our employees. We offer a range of additional benefits specially geared to your needs: For us, that means keeping our pension scheme up to date while also ensuring the compatibility of family and career in our company, with measures such as flexible work schedules and possibilities for setting up telecommuting workstations. We promote the health of our employees in our company cafeteria, as well as through our partnerships with many fitness studios in the region.