CIPT Integration Engineer II (NGPF LPT & OCE LPT)
Code - CIPTENG
We Shape the Future of Aviation - one in three planes flies with MTU technology. We work hard to keep growing – not just for tomorrow or next week, but for generations to come. Join us to shape your career and the future of aviation.
MTU is looking for an experienced engineer to join us for an opportunity to progress their career through meaningful work in a collaborative environment. We are committed to building your engineering expertise, gas turbine hardware knowledge and project management skills. Our company offers a comprehensive set of benefits so that you can select what best meets your needs. We also promote a healthy work-life balance through a hybrid work schedule, flexible work arrangements, and paid time off. MTU AENA employees drive their own success in an environment that recognizes diversity and celebrates achievements.
The CIPT Integration Engineer II is responsible for the support of program management activities related to MTU’s NGPF and OCE LPT partnership programs (Next Generation Product Family and Operational Commercial Engines - Low Pressure Turbine). The position reports to the NGPF/OCE Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) Group Lead. The CIPT Engineer II supports the coordination of module design engineering activities including, but not limited to: processing Engineering Changes, Class I and II, interface coordination, industrial support, validation support, technical action identification and closure, production & field support (root cause identification of field events and/or special findings during overhaul shop visits etc.) and task planning (scope, budget and timeline etc.). This role facilitates the coordination between the individual teams in Munich, Germany and MTU in Rzeszów, Poland. The CIPT Engineer II supports the CIPT Lead as an onsite interface with the OEM partner, Pratt & Whitney Engineering and Program management for the PW1500G/PW1900G, PW2000 and PW4000 programs.
Essential Functions Include:
- Own essential tasks and drive to completion, on time and within budget.
- Interface and facilitate with engineering teams at MTU Munich and MTU Polska.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Integrate multi-discipline requirements including Aero, Structures, Design, Manufacturing & Procurement.
- Prepare and present information (representation of MTU) at Chiefs, discipline and/or program reviews.
- Provide periodic updates to team lead and team members highlighting accomplishments, progress, technical issues and any potential roadblocks
- Good communication skills to provide timely, appropriate and useful information to others.
- Strong sense of urgency
- Take initiative and assume responsibility
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in relevant field (Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing Engineering)
- 4-10 years of related engineering experience. Knowledge in turbine design desirable.
- 3 years of experience in Project Management and/or component development
- Knowledge of PW engineering processes and tools.
- Commitment to delivering on objectives and meeting targets with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teamcenter.
- German and Poland language skills a plus.
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Occasional international travel is required
Your Future at MTU Starts Here!
Ready to give your career a boost? Send us your complete application by listing your earliest possible start date. We look forward to getting to know you.
MTU AENA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
For more information and additional resources on “EEO is the Law,” please visit: https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/index.cfm
MTU Aero Engines North America, Inc. endeavors to make www.mtuusa.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 860-258-9700. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.