MTU Maintenance Canada is the North American member of the MTU Maintenance network of companies, the largest independent provider of commercial engine maintenance services worldwide. Quality, efficiency and innovation are our strengths. You, too, can become part of our dedicated team in Delta, BC as
Code: MMT3 / 23261
Salary: $33.85–$39.00 per hour
The Component Mechanic is responsible for carrying out disassembly, assembly, inspection and test stand work on aeronautical components/accessories, including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, fuel & oil and pneumatic components/accessories.
Typical duties and responsibilities include implementing work plans by following instructions from various sources, using test and measuring equipment to carry out work, recognizing and reporting defects on parts, assemblies, engines, and accessories, certifying correctness of work and performing preliminary inspections, raising and creating repair documents and ordering parts.
- Must have a recognized apprenticeship to Transport Canada standards. International candidates must have foreign aircraft mechanic/technician license or acceptable trade certificate.
- Must have minimum 4 years experience in engine or component maintenance, repair and overhaul processes.
- Must have experience with at least one of these engine types: CF6-50/80, V2500, CFM56, CFM LEAP, PW2000.
- Experience with Avionics/Electrical Harnesses an asset.
- Experience with Balancing an asset (Compressor, shafts, etc).
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of main standard inspection and repair processes used in engine repair.
- Must have ability to perform work on computer systems using standard Electronic Data Processing (EDP) software programs (Word, Excel, Access, PDF formatting). Intermediate knowledge of SAP is required.
- Must have the ability to provide technical advice to others.
- Must have very good interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with other company personnel in a calm, positive manner.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work with a team and independently.
The Perks (The Good Stuff):
- Generous Relocation Package available to eligible candidates
- We offer great benefits from your first day (no waiting period)
- 100% match company pension
- Extended Medical and Dental Programs
- Disability Insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care and Rx Safety Vision Program
- Free On-site Parking
Go to our website, to learn more about us. After your application is received, hiring managers will review for potential next steps.
MTU supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship. Official Social Insurance Number documentation must be presented when requested.