Over 11,000 People. 17 Locations worldwide. One in three planes files with our Technology.
Even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. We shape the future of Aviation. The only thing missing: You.
Our team in Munich is searching for you:
Intern in Linear and Nonlinear Aircraft Engine Dynamics (all genders)
In the Engine Dynamics group we are working on the development of new aircraft jet engines towards a robust vibration behaviour as we are responsible for aircraft whole engine models. We constantly develop and experimentally validate our state-of-the-art simulation methods in the areas of rotor/bearing dynamics, multi-body dynamics, structural mechanics as well as machine learning. Several open topics are currently available focusing on the specific areas listed below.
- Machine learning methods for aircraft engine dynamics optimization
- Rotor-stator contact calculations for blade/casing interactions
- Dynamic calculation of maneuver loads for aircraft engines
- Model order reduction and optimization of mechanical parts of aircraft whole engine models
- Squeeze film damper modelling and engine dynamics optimization using nonlinear dynamics approaches
- Rolling element bearing modelling and coupled dynamic calculations
- Software development and vibration visualization of aircraft whole engine models
- Studies in the field of Mechanical, aerospace engineering, or comparable (Techno-) mathematics or physics or comparable course of study
- Strong knowledge of Python (Matlab) and very good knowledge of Finite Elements
- Knowledge of FE Software packages (NASTRAN, CalculiX, Abaqus) is an advantage
- Good German and English knowledge
- Independent and strong intrinsic motivation
- Creativity, initiative and a hands on mentality
- Insights into practical work in aviation as an innovative, high-tech industry
- Exciting jobs that carry responsibility and are performed in an atmosphere of team spirit
- A personally assigned contact and individual support services
- Flexible working hours and compensatory time off
- Networking opportunities
Give your career a boost and send us your complete application (CV, Transcript of Records, High School Diploma).
We are looking forward to getting to know you!