Project Engineer II - Industrial Project Engineering
Code - PROJENG
We Shape the Future of Aviation - one in three planes flies with MTU technology. We work hard to keep growing – not just for tomorrow or next week, but for generations to come. Join us to shape your career and the future of aviation.
MTU is looking for an experienced engineer to join us for an opportunity to progress their career through meaningful work in a collaborative environment. We are committed to building your engineering expertise, gas turbine hardware knowledge and project management skills. Our company offers a comprehensive set of benefits so that you can select what best meets your needs. We also promote a healthy work-life balance through a hybrid work schedule, flexible work arrangements, and paid time off. MTU AENA employees drive their own success in an environment that recognizes diversity and celebrates achievements.
The Project Engineering Il supports the MSEN (Mechanical System, Externals, Nacelles) Industrial management team, which is responsible for managing development and production hardware in support of Engineering Changes on Pratt and Whitney Next Generation Product Family (NGPF and NEO) commercial engines for both Flight Test and Production units. The candidate will support engine hardware planning to meet program schedules. He/she will be responsible for tracking hardware and tooling orders, utilizing the SAP system to process hardware orders, parts movements, and manufacturing tasks. In addition, the candidate will travel to vendors and manufacturing facilities to provide support.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 4-10 years of industrial engineering and/or supply chain management experience
- Understanding of concepts, methods and procedures within industrial and project management discipline
- Demonstrated technical competence in related discipline
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Domestic travel required ~ 10%
- Eligible to work in the United States without Sponsorship
- Full COVID-19 Vaccination
To be successful, a candidate should possess the following:
- Knowledge of Class 1 and Class 2 Engineering Change processes and Standard Work
- Flight test experience
- Strong knowledge of SAP
- Experience with hardware management including purchase requests, vendor maintenance and hardware tracking
- Good communication skills to provide timely, appropriate and useful information to others
- A commitment to delivering on objectives and meeting targets
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to reading blueprints, with an understanding of manufacturing processes and design concepts
Your Future at MTU Starts Here!
Ready to give your career a boost? Send us your complete application by listing your earliest possible start date. We look forward to getting to know you.
MTU AENA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
For more information and additional resources on “EEO is the Law,” please visit: https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/index.cfm
MTU Aero Engines North America, Inc. endeavors to make www.mtuusa.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 860-258-9700. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.