MTU Maintenance Lease Services B.V. is a young company and we are growing fast. We are a subsidiary of MTU Aero Engines AG, a leading German engine manufacturer and a globally active maintenance provider for commercial aircraft engines. MTU Maintenance Lease Services B. V. specializes in short and medium-term engine leasing. Our service offering also includes asset management and technical consulting services.
We are a dynamic, multinational team and the culture and structure in the Company thrives under truly visionary Senior Management. With your support, we want to elevate the recognition of our worldwide leasing services to a new Level.
We are looking for someone to become part of our team of experts in our Amsterdam office as:
Technical Asset Manager - Fleet Management (all genders)
Within MTU MLS the current vacancy is within the Technical Asset Management („TAMS“) group. As TAMS, we offer airlines and lessors specialized services surrounding engine transitions and/or repairs. On one hand TAMS arranges on-site BSI’s, supports with management of shop visits and end-of-leases while providing related engineering support, does workscoping and supports customers in (engine fleet) investments decision making processes. On the other hand TAMS serves as MLS’s digital incubator where various initiatives come to fruition. For example we initiated MTU’s Digital Inspection Assistant and support development of MTU’s proprietary technical lease management software Cortex Lease.
- Are able to independently execute engine technical projects within the Technical Asset Management team. Typically these include:
- End of Lease Return Inspections (“EOL”)
- Start of Lease Inspections (“SOL”)
- Facility audits
- Shop visit management
(including table inspection participation, storage and transition projects)
- Are an expert in auditing technical records including back to birth traceability, Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins and EASA/FAA compliance
- Are an expert in reviewing and negotiating the technical provisions of engine lease and purchase agreements
- Remain current ADs, Alert SB etc. and other in-service-issues in order to detect technical trends that can drive engine demands
- Have operator knowledge of on-wing maintenance processes (including engines removal/installation, MPD tasks, troubleshooting and removal forecast)
- Are an expert in managing the commercial aspects during deliveries, redeliveries and transitions
- Ensure asset compliance with technical lease provisions during the term of a lease
- Support asset pre-buy due-diligence checks and assist with investment decision processes
- Build and maintain strong and trusting relationships with national and international business partners both face-to-face and remote
- Maintain high customer satisfaction by working closely with other aviation professionals of all disciplines
- Ensure engines joining the MTU MLS pool meet our high technical standards
The following digitalization tasks are optional. (We are happy to receive your application if you only identify yourself with the technical part above):
- Have an general insight and understanding into latest digitalization trends within the aviation industry
- Will be the main point of contact for MTU’s proprietary Engine Fleet and Lease Management software that manages our asset’s technical data, understand the functionalities of that software and drive its future development as a Project Manager
- Are the main point of contact for MTU’s proprietary Records Management software where we manage our asset’s technical documentation and share it with our (potential) business partners, understand the functionalities of that software and drive its future development as a Project Manager
- Having an understanding of features currently supported by our proprietary software systems, as well as being able to develop an understanding which new features would add unique value to our internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the marketing activities for the above software systems to external customers
- Take ownership of our Engine Fleet Management Tool and ensure our assets are correctly managed in it
- Support Management with monthly report highlighting per ESN the Technical Status of the Asset, the MR status (e.g.: under/over reserved etc.), End Of Lease date and plan, recommendation as to whether extend/purchase/return/dispose etc. the Asset
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- Completed degree preferred in the field of (aviation) engineering
- Engine technical knowledge for minimum one of the engine types in our portfolio: CFM56-5/-7, CF34-8/-10, V2500, CF6-80C2, GE90, LEAP1A/1B and/or GP7000;
- Relevant professional experience in engine technical field, e.g. working at an aircraft/engine leasing company, a MRO, an airline managing deliveries and redeliveries, or experience with off-wing/on-wing support and/or maintenance reserve claims
- Experience in auditing technical records including engine LLP back to birth traceability, Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins and EASA/FAA compliance
- The ability to multi-task, providing coverage to several concurrent projects utilizing external resources or business partners
- Experience in reviewing and/or negotiating technical provisions of engine lease and/or purchase agreements
- Understands a variety of cultures, is internationally oriented and able to build rapport between organizations, people and cultures
- The ability to motivate colleagues and is in possession of a ‘can-do’ mentality (so do we!)
- Is willing to do what it takes to achieve (our common) goals
- Eloquent communication skills, diplomatic skills when dealing with customers being open and flexible
- Very good knowledge of the English language and preferable an additional language
- Good IT skills in particular MS Office. Python would be great.
Interested? Then prepare your career for takeoff by sending us your complete application materials, earliest start date and salary expectations. Use the online application form right here on this page.
We look forward to meeting you!