UPLIFT YOUR FUTURE
10,000 People. 16 Locations worldwide. One in three planes files with our Technology.
Even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. We shape the future of Aviation. The only thing missing: You.
Our team in Munich is searching for you:
Master Thesis: Simulation and Optimization of Special Milling Tool Geometry
Special geometry milling tools are used in heavy rate material removal processes during milling operations (i.e. roughing) of the hard-to-cut materials due to their high chip removal capabilities and chatter stability compared to regular milling tools. Such special geometry milling tools must be virtually analyzed to predict the cutting forces and process (chatter) stability for given material, machine tool and process requirements and the edge geometry must be optimized considering the surface quality, tool life, breakage and cycle time constraints.
- Develop computer based simulations to model the mechanics and dynamics of milling process with special cutting edge geometry
- Experimental validation of the developed virtual mechanic and dynamic model of the process.
- New tool design and production of milling tools with optimized geometry.
- Preparation of GUI for the simulation software
- Student in the field of mechanical engineering or any related field
- Basic knowledge of machining mechanics and dynamics
- Hands on experimental skills (force measurement, data analysis, signal processing)
- Programming or scripting experience, preferably in Python
- Good knowledge of English is must, German is a plus
- High level of personal initiative and structured way of working
- Insights into practical work in aviation as an innovative, high-tech industry
- Exciting jobs that carry responsibility and are performed in an atmosphere of team spirit
- A personally assigned contact and individual support services
- Flexible working hours and compensatory time off
- Networking opportunities
Give your career a boost and send us your complete application (Letter of Motivation, CV, Transcript of Records, High School Diploma).
We are looking forward to getting to know you!