UPLIFT YOUR FUTURE
10,000 People. 16 Locations worldwide. One in three planes files with our Technology.
Even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. We shape the future of Aviation. The only thing missing: You.
Our team in Munich is searching for you:
Master Thesis: Virtual Surface Quality Prediction for Milling Process
Master thesis topic: Virtual Prediction of Surface Form Errors for complex shape Aerospace Part Manufacturing
For the manufacturing of complex jet engine components, geometrical tolerances of the surface profiles play an important role on the aerodynamic performance of the component. Considering the requirements for the surface profile and tolerances, cutting parameters during milling must be selected accordingly and they must be tuned considering local part dynamics at different sections. Hence, the surface errors after machining operation must be virtually modeled and also experimentally validated with measurements.
- Develop numerical simulations to predict the dynamic motion of milling tool and generated surface points along the toolpath for given cutting parameters and part geometry
- Develop an analytical model to predict the surface form errors along different cross-sections of the part
- Optimization of process parameters and cutting dynamics considering geometrical requirements and tolerances
- Experimental validation of the developed virtual model with measurements
- Student in the field of mechanical or aerospace engineering or any related field
- Basic knowledge of machining mechanics and dynamics, Structural Vibrations
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Software and Structural Mechanics Simulation
- Hands on experimental skills (data analysis, signal processing)
- Programming or scripting experience, preferably in Python
- Good knowledge of English is must, German is a plus
- High level of personal initiative and structured way of working
- Insights into practical work in aviation as an innovative, high-tech industry
- Exciting jobs that carry responsibility and are performed in an atmosphere of team spirit
- A personally assigned contact and individual support services
- Flexible working hours and compensatory time off
- Networking opportunities
Give your career a boost and send us your complete application (Letter of Motivation, CV, Transcript of Records, High School Diploma).
We are looking forward to getting to know you!