MTU Aero Engines develops, manufactures, sells and services commercial and military propulsion systems for airplanes and helicopters, as well as industrial gas turbines. The key to our success is developing the propulsion systems of tomorrow - even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. With roughly 10,000 employees, we are present around the world, but we make our home in Germany. You, too, can become part of our dedicated Team in Munich:
Senior Expert Engine Dynamics and Loads (m|f|d)
Code - TESD / 714
The Structural Mechanics department is responsible for the structural integrity of engine components such as compressors, turbines, casings, and rotors as well as for rotor and whole engine dynamics. We make a decisive contribution to flight safety.
In the Engine Dynamics Group, we are closely working together with other key disciplines to develop, improve and optimize our engines with respect to global static and dynamic aspects. We play a central role in the concept and design of the engines’ architecture. One particular focus is analyzing the vibrational behavior of the engine and calculating loads for all relevant cases while meeting specification requirements from customers and authorities.
We accompany our engines throughout their entire life cycle, from the concept and design phases, through testing, validation, certification, and series production as well as in-service support and health monitoring. We use state-of-the-art analytical tools, which we continuously improve and optimize.
As a Senior Expert Engine Dynamics and Loads you will be in a leading role for the structural dynamic design and validation of the engine with respect to relevant design criteria addressing global static and dynamic behavior. You will advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes and methods. Your areas of responsibility include the following activities in particular:
- Engine dynamics lead within interdisciplinary project teams
- Presentation of results to management and internal / external customers, as well responsibility for appropriate documentation (including certification documents)
- Partner alignment and management in international projects
- Vibration and resonance analyses as well as identification, calculation, and evaluation of all relevant loads for the engine and its components
- Review and validation of corresponding numerical models
- Design and development of balancing and bearing arrangement concepts
- Specification and evaluation of experimental tests for components and engines
- Technical leadership in the field of engine dynamics to advance the development of analytical methods and engineering standard work
- Several years of working experience in engine dynamics of jet engines
- Very good degree (university) in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or a comparable field of study, ideally with a PhD
- Expert knowledge of engine dynamics, engineering mechanics and their numerical applications
- Skill to assess complex whole engine structural results by simple physics / first principles
- Good knowledge in engine concepts and bearing design
- Experience with MSC Nastran and Abaqus including pre- and postprocessing
- Experience in technical leadership
- Excellent analytical skills to solve complex technical problems
- Scientific curiosity to drive continuous development of own expertise
- High sense of responsibility
- Proactive personality with excellent communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Business fluent in English, fluent in German is an advantage
We offer you numerous additional services that are tailored to your needs. These include extensive further training and customized development programs, an attractive pension scheme, health and fitness offers, measures to combine family and professional life, such as flexible working time models or the possibility of mobile working.
We offer you the best possible conditions for your success!
Being a high-tech company, it is in our best interests to also capitalize on the unique skills and qualities women with a strong set of qualifications bring to the table. We actively encourage applications from female candidates who fit the bill.
Give your career a boost and send us your complete application. Please indicate your earliest possible start date and your salary requirement, and use our online application form, which you can access directly from this page.
We look forward to getting to know you.