MTU Aero Engines develops, manufactures, sells and services commercial and military propulsion systems for airplanes and helicopters, as well as industrial gas turbines. The key to our success is developing the propulsion systems of tomorrow —even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. With roughly 10,000 employees, we are present around the world, but we make our home in Germany. You, too, can become part of our dedicated Team:
Writer (m/f/d) of a diploma or masterthesis: GPU-based Linear Algebra for Computational Structural Mechanics
Engine manufacturer MTU Aero Engines engages in the development, manufacture and support of commercial and military aircraft engines in all thrust and power categories and stationary gas turbines. The company is a valued and trusted partner to the big players in the industry, mainly GE Aviation and Pratt & Whitney. In the maintenance business, business unit MTU Maintenance offers innovative maintenance services and repair solutions for a wide variety of different engine types.
- Review on standard open-source GPU solvers
- Extend the existing testing framework (https://github.com/tudormot/compare_solvers) by an option to test GPU solvers
- Compare the GPU solvers to the existing direct and iterative solvers
- Extend the existing study on direct vs. iterative solvers for further preconditioners, for larger cases and by a scalability study
- Optional: Test solvers on distributed systems
- Optional: Incorporate GPU solvers into CalculiX
- Ultimately: Understand the performance difference between CalculiX and Abaqus and solve it if possible
- Mathematics, Computer Science, CSE or any comparable study program
- Good background in numerical linear algebra and parallel programming
- Previous knowledge in GPU Programming
- Interest in learning agile software development methods
- Experience with software development environments and version management
- Fluency in German is an advantage, but not a must
Are you interested in the job? Give your career a boost and send us your complete application (Letter of Motivation, CV, Transcript of Records, High School Diploma).
We look forward to getting to know you.