UPLIFT YOUR FUTURE
10,000 People. 16 Locations worldwide. One in three planes files with our Technology. The only thing missing: You.
Our team in Munich is searching for you as:
Specialist in high temperature materials and simulation (m/f/d)
Code - TEWT 729
As an expert in materials characterization and simulation at MTU, you are responsible for the planning and representation of R&D projects in the field of interest. Furthermore, using your expertise and personal skillset you support the development of new materials trough experimental and simulation driven investigations of dependencies in-between manufacturing process, microstructure and mechanical properties. The work takes place in multidisciplinary and multisite teams.
Your core tasks will comprise of the following:
- Definition and coordination of experimental characterization programs for approval of new materials combined with the assessment of prediction accuracy and validity limits of simulations
- Develop novel simulation approaches to accelerate the introduction of novel materials to meet future engine demands. A focus is placed on Titanium alloys (AM and CC), Ni-superalloys (PM) and CFKs
- To plan, monitor and support R&D projects in the field of interest. These projects might involve further industrial and academic partners
- To present and represent the acquired results independently in interdisciplinary review panels and to document findings thoroughly in technical memoranda, standards and practise guides
- Participation in the creation of aeronautical certification and quality assurance documents
- To industrialise the developed simulation solutions, to train other members of the team to use it and to write up a clear user guide
- You have studied materials science or a natural science with an specialization at least on of the previously mentioned material groups
- You bring a solid foundation of knowledge of manufacturing processes and their impact on micro-mechanical material responses and know how to experimentally assess and analyse this impact
- You have specialised (either during your degree or in your professional career) in at least one subfield of materials simulation or process simulation. And you are aware of the requirements and applications towards materials simulation and understand the high degree of excellence required
- You have programming experience in at least one of the following programs : Python, Matlab, Abaqus
- A plus would be if you bring basic knowledge of turbine materials requirements and development processes
- Very good English language skills (above C1 / IELTS 7.5 or equivalent)
- A solid foundation of German language skills (B2+) and willingness to complete a C1 test within the first year
- French language skills would be a plus
- You are self-motivated, driven and able to work in a team. You like to present your work and value constructive feedback to further improve it. And you are flexible, should priorities change
We offer you numerous additional services that are tailored to your needs. These include extensive further training and customized development programs, an attractive pension scheme, health and fitness offers, measures to combine family and professional life, such as flexible working time models or the possibility of mobile working.
We offer you the best possible conditions for your success!
Being a high-tech company, it is in our best interests to also capitalize on the unique skills and qualities women with a strong set of qualifications bring to the table. We actively encourage applications from female candidates who fit the bill.
Be the part of the MTU family and a growing team in Serbia. Give your career a boost and send us your complete application. Please use our online application form, which you can access directly from this page. Your application will be carefully reviewed by our HR team.
Please note that by sending your application, you give your consent that all personal data you have submitted here may be processed for the purpose of the selection process in our company.