UPLIFT YOUR FUTURE
10,000 People. 16 Locations worldwide. One in three planes files with our Technology.
Even more economical, lower in emissions and quieter. We shape the future of Aviation. The only thing missing: You.
Our team in Munich is searching for you:
Master / Bachelor thesis: Linear and Nonlinear Rotor Dynamics of Aircraft Engines
Rotor dynamics deals with the dynamic effects of rotating systems and focuses on their modeling, analysis and optimization. In the group of rotor / whole engine model dynamics several open topics for Bachelor and Master thesis are currently available.
- Modeling, analysis and validation of whole aircraft engines
- Flange modeling for bolted joint of aircraft rotors and casings suitable for rotor dynamic analysis
- Influence of rotor-stator contacts in aero engines: Modeling, analysis and validation
- Influence of bearing (rolling element, squeeze film, journal, squirrel cage) on the dynamics of aero engines: Modeling and optimization
- State-of-the-art model based balancing approaches for aero engine rotors
- Optimization of aircraft rotor dynamics using machine/deep learning approaches
- Implementation and optimization of a blade distribution algorithm
- Solver coupling approaches for time-transient analysis of whole aircraft engines
- Model order reduction approaches suitable for transient rotor dynamic analysis in aero engines
- University Studies in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or comparable with very good grades
Students in the areas of Applied (Techno-) Mathematics or Physics are also welcome
- Independent and strong intrinsic motivation
- Very good knowledge of the Finite Elements Method
- Knowledge of Python (Matlab) and / or other programming language
- Knowledge of FE Software packages (NASTRAN, CalculiX, Abaqus) is an advantage
- Fluent in English, fluent in German is an advantage
- Insights into practical work in aviation as an innovative, high-tech industry
- Exciting jobs that carry responsibility and are performed in an atmosphere of team spirit
- A personally assigned contact and individual support services
- Flexible working hours and compensatory time off
- Networking opportunities
Give your career a boost and send us your complete application (Letter of Motivation, CV, Transcript of Records, High School Diploma).
We are looking forward to getting to know you!